We have over 5 years of experience

Renters with evictions or broken leases can pay their delinquent rental balance through the Rental Settlement Services network. Rental Settlement Services also has the ability to negotiate a lower payoff amount with your past landlord. Call the toll free number to get consultation from an agent.

Rental Settlement Services takes several steps to protect both the renter and the landlord against fraud:

  1. All payments by the renter are verified as "good funds" before the landlord withdraw their funds.
  2. All payments are tracked to ensure the landlord will receive their withdrawn payment.
It depends upon:

  1.  The Renters payment method.
  2. Delivery time from the renter to the landlord.
  3. Landlord selected disbursement option. Generally, most rental payments can take from seven to 20 days.
Rental Settlement Services release funds to the landlord after the funding period has ended which is generally 7 days. Funds are released to the landlord or property manager the same or next business day after successful completion of a transaction and upon verification by Rental Settlement Services.

Funds are disbursed via Wire/Bank Transfer. Wire/Bank transfer fee varies by currency and location of the landlords bank account. Their is a $30.00 wire transfer fee per transaction. 
Funds may also be disbursed via a mailed check.
You may register by filling out the registration form.
Wire Transfers: It depends upon your financial institution; some require a few hours or even a few days before they can wire funds. We process wire transfers throughout the business day upon receipt.

Credit Cards: Payments with credit cards are processed usually within one business day. Maximum funding amount $250.00

Barcode Payment: We provide renters with a barcode they can use to fund their accounts. Renters will simply visit any local 7Eleven, Ace Check Cash Store or CVS Pharmacy.  The renter will allow the cashier to scan his/her barcode and then pay the cashier. Below is a video instruction as to how you can fund your account using a barcode.

Checks and Money Orders: All types of checks and money orders are not approved until 10 business days after Rental Settlement Services receives the payment; with the exception of U.S. Postal money orders which can be verified upon receipt. 
Rental Settlement Services does not accept any type of check or money order over our $2000.00 limit, when drawn from a bank outside the United States, or Checks drawn off a credit card.
Pay to: Urban Credit Management. Transactions in United States dollars (USD) Only. Check and Money Order payments are available for amounts up to $2000.00 and when drawn on a United States Bank.
Your payment should be sent only after you select the payment method available on your transaction screen. Please see payment options for more information.
Rental Settlement Services only accepts credit card payments for a maximum charge amount of $250.00 USD per all active transactions. In addition, Rental Settlement Services has strict policies governing the acceptance of credit card payments. Below are some common reasons a credit card payment may not be accepted for your transaction:

  • The transaction is not in US Dollars
  • Your total exceeds $250.00
  • The transaction involves the purchase of a vehicle, service or merchandise.
  • Information provided to Renters Settlement Services is determined to be incorrect, or, in certain situations,when we cannot reach you at  the phone number you provided in your account profile.
  • Our transaction security team detects certain fraud indicators for a transaction.
Rental Settlement Services may refuse to allow a credit card as payment for any reason at our sole discretion. Any refjection of credit card of payment is not necessarily determined by information provided by the cardholder. We apologize if we are unabale to accept a credit cared payment for your transaction.
Paid members will receive a tenant report. We will review your report and contact your previous landlord through skip trace methods. Once your landlord has been contacted we explain our services. We negotiate a balance reduction for less than you actually owe.  If they agree we invite them to become a member and add themselves to our system to receive your settlement payments.

If you are a free member you may order a tenant report from our website. We will email a copy of your report to you.  Your tenant report will also provide the rental balance on each property you rented.  It is your responsibility to skip trace your previous landlord or you can hire us to do it for you.

Technically you don't need us to manage your account through this system. 
However their are advantages to being a paid member.
  1. We review your tenant reports and consult with you on the best option to clear this debt.
  2. We skip trace your previous landlord and contact them regarding your case.
  3. We negotiate a balance reduction for less than you actually owe.
  4. We act as the intermediary between landlord and tenant to make sure both parties adhere to the agreed upon arrangement.
  5. We invite your past landlord to to become a member of this website so you can process your payment to them.
  6. We ensure your landlord will provide you with a satisfaction of release letter once your balance has been paid. (Submit this letter as proof of payment with the county court where the eviction took place. Also use this letter to show proof of payment to future property managers.
Settling means negotiating with the other side to see if you can reach a compromise to resolve your case. The landlord and tenant create the terms of the settlement. The settlement contains whatever the two parties in the case can agree to.

Maybe. When you settle a case, you have more control over the outcome because a judge or jury is not listening to the evidence and deciding for you. You also have a written document that explains exactly what each person must do to comply with the settlement. Even if you have a strong case, you should consider whether settling is a good idea. You should think about:

  • How much time you want to spend in court
  • What you would lose if you do not win your case
  • What you could gain if you win your case
  • Whether a judge or jury will be convinced by your evidence
  • How a judge can and cannot rule if you have a trial

You may want to talk to an attorney about these questions.

No, in most cases you can go forward to a trial. A judge might encourage you to settle the case, but a judge cannot order the parties to settle a case. A judge cannot create the terms of a settlement or make you or the other side agree to anything. You may settle your case through a settlement agreement that Rental Settlement Services negotiate for you.

good settlement for you is any agreement you are comfortable with and gives you the best chance to get the things you want, in your case a satisfaction of release letter to show proof your eviction, broken lease or rental balance has been paid in full. 

Each person’s situation is different, both legally and personally, so the terms of a good settlement for you and another person may be different. Most people do not get exactly what they want when they settle a case because each side will have to give a little bit to reach a compromise. It might be a bad settlement, however, if there are terms you know you cannot comply with, or if you feel confident you would have been able to get everything you wanted at trial.

Remember, though, settlements give you the chance to include terms a judge cannot include when he or she rules on your case. A common example is a payment plan. If you have a trial about rent, the judge will simply rule whether the tenant or landlord owes the other party money. Whoever owes the money must pay all of it right away. If you settle your case, you can negotiate a payment plan. This might give the tenant a better chance of keeping the house or apartment, or it might give the landlord a better chance to get all of the money owed.

The terms of a settlement agreement are entirely up to the people entering into it. There are some common terms, however.

tenant might agree to:
  • 6, 12 or 18 month payment plan
  • Pay back rent over a period of time
  • Pay rent on time for a certain period
landlord might agree to:
  • Give the tenant a neutral reference
  • Reducing the balance of what is owed
  • May agree to not add the interest to your balance
  • May agree to a one time payoff at a reduced rate only
  • Agree to a term payment plan 

All of these terms can be complicated and have consequences. 

Yes. Both parties can enforce the agreement in court after it is filed. Many agreements explain what will happen if either side does not do what it promised. If the agreement does not say what will happen if either party fails to follow it, the judge may decide what to do. A judge can order one side to do what it promised and enforce that by fining that person if he or she does not comply. A judge also may enter a judgment against one side or the other if a promise is broken. Or, a judge might consider some other remedy. The side that wants the judge to do something must file a motion in Landlord and Tenant Court to enforce the agreement.

A court hearing will be set at least five days, not including weekends or holidays, after the motion is filed. Both the landlord and tenant will have a chance to tell the judge what happened. Both sides should come to court with pictures, receipts, witnesses, or other evidence to prove what happened and why.

That is a very good idea. Lawyers are available in the mornings at the Landlord Tenant Resource Center. You can ask the clerk if there are any lawyers who can look over the agreement before you sign it. If you are unclear about any term, you should tell the other side you need a few minutes to have a lawyer look at the agreement.

Remember, if you are a tenant, the landlord’s lawyer is not your lawyer. If you are a landlord, the tenant’s lawyer is not your lawyer. Each lawyer must do the best possible job for his or her client.

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.